Friday, January 21, 2011

Progress

I actually read from my new writing book this week AND completed a writing practice session per the book's suggestion.  The book suggests that you do your writing practice the old fashioned way...pen and paper!  As I wrote the writing prompt supplied by the book at the top of my blank piece of paper, I couldn't help but feel excited.  I set a timer for 15 minutes (another of the author's suggestions) and wrote and wrote and wrote until the timer shook me out of my story and back to the present.  To my surprise I was disappointed that my time was up!  I thought about continuing with my writing, but I knew I was at a good stopping place in the story and felt that if I pushed myself to continue it might actually stifle the creativity.  So, I put my pencil down and read my story and relished in the fact that I had taken a small step towards rediscovering my love for writing.

I have done a total of five writing practice sessions this week!  I actually look forward to those 15 minutes each day and can't wait to see what the prompt of the day is.  I still haven't felt like revisiting my cobwebbed files, but I know that will come in time.  For now, I am just enjoying writing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment