Monday, January 17, 2011

A Small Step

So, today I took a small step that I hope will lead to unearthing those unfinished files that are collecting cobwebs in the corner of my hard drive....I  bought a book.  I know what you are thinking, "hmm.. how in the world is a book going to help her with unfinished document files".   Well, I'll tell you!   As a child I LOVED to write stories and poems and I was pretty darn creative if I do say so myself!  During high school and college, I stopped writing for enjoyment and focused on my school assignments.  That was probably a big mistake because now that I want to write again I am having trouble getting the words to play nicely together on the computer screen.  So, that's why I headed to my local Barnes and Noble in search of a book that could help get the creative juices flowing again.  The book I bought is called
A Writer's Book of Days and I am hoping to find inspiration and guidance living in its' pages because all of those neglected files contain words, sentences, character names, story plots/ideas, and poems...all waiting to be brought to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment